Fastco Industries, Inc. | Grand Rapids, MI (49534)
Well-established local manufacturing firm of nearly 30 million in sales seeks experienced controller to supervise accounting staff and manage financial systems. The qualified candidate will have an exceptionally strong background in cost accounting and the ability to maintain and update all aspects of the company’s costing mechanisms. In addition, other primary duties include:
- Perform or oversee all monthly closings, making the appropriate adjusting entries to the General Ledger, bank reconciliation, payroll, and any other necessary functions.
- Prepare and oversee monthly financial statements including balance sheet and income statement. Provide financial reviews for ownership and senior management team when required.
- In consultation with the appropriate CPA firm, perform all year-end closings, making the appropriate adjusting entries to the General Ledger. Perform all bank reconciliations, payroll entries, and other necessary adjustments.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of all year-end financial statements including year-end balance sheet and income statement.
- Oversee all functions with respect to credit: collections, credit checks, monitoring of customer financial condition, preparation of credit documentation for new customers, and the development of documented procedures for all credit and collection functions.
- In consultation with the appropriate CPA firm, gather necessary information for preparation of all tax returns: federal, state, and local.
- Familiarity with Plex ERP not required, but would be considered a plus.
Qualified candidates should possess of minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and have at least 10 years of experience in accounting in a manufacturing environment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, and 401K. Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. To be considered for this position, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 43265467 michigan